Monday, April 18, 2011

Guest Poster - Love the Moment



As a "Sunny Mummy" I love to spread the happiness around.
For many months I have been following Kelly Burstows "Be A Fun Mum" blog.
Unlike many blogs where you just view or read I have become "involved" with her blog through the "Love the Moment" challenge.  

Just like the "Happines Project" it is teaching me to slow down and enjoy the happiness in the simplicity of little moments.  As a teacher I am constantly expressing to parents that the best thing they can do for the child is engage with them and give them TIME.  Kelly has captured this notion beautifully in her challenge.  

So today I am handing over to Kelly to be our "My Pigeon Pair" guest poster.  Please visit "Be A Fun Mum" and take the challenge to put aside your worries and cleaning rotuines and start enjoying those precious little moments, that will so quickly pass by.


Love the Moment: A Change of Thinking

Love the Moment. These three simple words have made an impact on my life.  I often get caught up in the busyness of life. Rushing here. Rushing there. Hurry, hurry, hurry.
Life is busy, and there’s no real way of escaping that; however, I’m learning the importance of being conscious of the little things around me.  In a sense, I’ve had a mindset change which has translated into all areas of my life.

The Love the Moment Challenge was born out of this mindset change. In a nutshell, the challenge is about acknowledging the small things that may otherwise go unnoticed.  For example: the roughness of tree bark, the smell of a flower, flying butterflies and the feel of a child’s soft cheek. 
Because little things: they are big things.

Now, I see Love the Moment moments everywhere and take time to enjoy them! I waste time with my young son because it’s not a waste of time. When I see a butterfly I stop, and look, and point.  When there is a cool breeze, I close my eyes and allow myself to experience the wonder. And I love sharing this beauty with my children.

The other aim of this way of thinking is to move away from the tendency to focus on entertainment and materialism. Children find pleasure in the simplest things! I find this so inspiring and aim to foster this attitude of joy and the spirit of creativity in my children. 

The Love the Moment Challenge is designed to be achievable for busy Mums because it’s not about waiting for life to slow down (in my experience it rarely does!).  Instead, it’s about capturing, noticing, celebrating and enjoying moments as they happen.
I’d love for you to join me in loving life, one moment at a time.


Love the Moment Links

If you love Kelly's blog as much as me please vote for her 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful concept. Coincidentally, my little girl has just been ``sitting'' all by herself for the first time. It was such a lovely moment; to just sit there and take it in, knowing it's another milestone that has passed us. Life moves so quickly.
    It's funny how straight after, this was the first thing I read!!!
    I'm a big fan of Kelly's blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete